Health benefits of eating tomato
Tomato is a fruit which are a rich source of folate, Vitamin C and potassium and antioxidants like lycopene, beta-carotene, which if added to your daily diet helps to keep you healthy
Below given are key health benefits of eating tomato:
- Daily consumption of tomato may help to protect your brain health. Tomato has an antioxidant like lycopene which studies suggest help protect against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, which is common in old age but doesn’t have any cure
- Daily consumption of tomato helps you lower risks of heart ailment or heart attack. Consumption of Tomato help you with synthesis of good cholesterol and reduces the production of bad cholesterol. This helps to keep your heart healthy.
- Daily consumption of tomato helps regulate fasting blood sugar.
- Daily consumption of tomato which has a lot of fiber content helps you prevent constipation.
- Daily consumption of tomato helps reduce cancer risks. This is due to Lycopene and beta-carotene, two antioxidants found in tomatoes, have been shown to possess anticancer properties.
- Daily consumption of tomato helps aid immune system.
- Daily consumption of tomato corrects uneven skin tone
As per studies, one full tomato provides below given nutrition.
- Calories: 22.5
- Carbohydrates: 4.86g
- Fat: 0.25g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Vitamin C: 17.1mg, 19% of the daily value
- Potassium: 296mg, 6% of the daily value
- Vitamin K: 9.88mcg, 8% of the daily value
- Folate: 18.8mcg, 4.7% of the daily value
But there are certain risks as well with Tomato Intake
Raw tomatoes can have germs like Listeria or Salmonella, resulting in foodborne illness. This is a greater concern for those who: are pregnant, over the age of 65, under the age of five, or have health problems or take medications that lower the body’s ability to fight germs and sickness.