Health benefits of eating cucumber (खीरा)
Cucumber is a veggie widely available throughout the year. Cucumbers in India are available in various varieties and has many health advantages. A few of them are listed below.
Why one must eat cucumber everyday ?
- It is highly nutritious : Cucumbers are low in calories but are very high in important vitamins and minerals. Every 300 gms of raw cucumber (खीरा) has the following nutrient (Source)
- Calories: 45
- Total fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 62% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Manganese: 12% of the RDI
- Cucumbers have a high water content and are made of 96% water. To maximize nutrient content cucumbers must be eaten unpeeled Peeling them reduces the amount of fiber, as well as certain vitamins and minerals.
- Detoxification : Cucumbers or Kheera (खीरा) have great detoxification properties. Thus they help to detoxify your body.
- Cucumbers or Kheera (खीरा) are naturally cooling and help dehydration and overheating.
- Cucumber helps in regulating blood sugar levels
What you should not eat with cucumber
People consume Cucumber and radish often together but it may lead to serious complications to their health. Cucumber contains ascorbate, which acts to absorb vitamin C. In such a situation, when you eat radish with it, it creates obstruction in this process, which can lead to a variety of health concerns.
DIY Cucumber Plantation
Life Cycle of Cucumber (खीरा)
Diseases in Cucumber (खीरा) growth cycle