Health Benefits of eating bitter gourd (करेला)
Bitter gourd or करेला is a popular tropical vine that produces edible vegetables. They are known for their sharp, bitter taste and are mostly a part of Asian cuisines. Bitter gourds are known for their their health advantages, a few of which are given below.
Health benefits of eating bitter gourd
- Improves digestion: Bitter gourd or Karela helps reduce risks of digestive tract disorders.
- Weight loss : Karela helps in weight loss including belly fat
- Purify Blood : Karela is known for its antimicrobal and antioxidant properties that helps in purification of blood.
- Kidney Stones : Karela helps in breaking down of kidnney stones.
- Blood Pressure : Karela contains pheonic compounds which may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Diabates : Karela’s are considered as the best fruit to manage diabetes since ages. Karela supplements can enhance insulin production and improve high density lipoprotein levels.
- Skin and Hair health : Karela juice contains vitamins A and C, which help in acne and skin issues. It also help with hair loss, dandruff and split orders.
- Karela;s are rich in iron, vitamin C, low in calories and are a good source of folate
DIY Bitter Gourd or karela
Who must not eat Bitter Gourd or karela
Steps to grow Bitter Gourd.